By Carol Ames
In 1937, the Town Board of the Town of Andes passed a resolution to start using automatic voting machines in elections. The town purchased two machines from The Automatic Voting Machine Corporation. Before this purchase, Andes had 4 different districts where voters could go to cast their ballots. With the purchase of these machines the town consolidated the districts into the 2 that we have today.
See photo of this resolution.~