From Dave Cyrelson
1) It was agreed that David Cyrelson will work in conjunction with Linda Belmont (ACS Faculty President) to organize and implement fundraisers for Kerry McCracken. Margaret Tucker will be the faculty / PTSA liaison.
2) A snow tubing trip for the older students was approved pending final decisions regarding time and place. The school has offered use of their buses to and from the mountain at no charge to the PTSA.
3) John Fitzgerald is continuing to work with Mrs. Finkle to organize a PTSA CROP Dance. It was approved that the proceeds from this dance will be used to assist CROP with their expenses.
4) The President of ACS PTSA announced that he submitted both the Treasurer and Secretary’s names to the NYS PTA for Advocate Awards.
5) It was approved that future PTSA meetings will take place in either the ACS lunch room or somewhere else on the ground floor to assist the custodial staff and make it easier for any elderly or disabled community members to attend.
6) A PTSA sponsored trip to Six Flags was discussed as a reward for students on the honor rolls as well as those who qualified for the Strive for Five program.
7) Due to the events planned between now and June – a PTSA / CROP Dance, Fundraisers for Kerry, a Snow Tubing Trip, a Roller Skating/Bowling Trip, a Six Flags Trip, possibly a June Family Camp Out, possibly another Movie Night, as well as Teacher Appreciation activities – it was decided that the PTSA should pass on doing any type of Spring Thing / Easter event this year.
To those who have so generously given their time and support, “Thank you.”
And to those who haven’t volunteered in some way yet this year, one good idea or just a couple of hours assistance can make a big difference.
We could use your help!